We created this tour to point out our cultural origin and a long history of civilization that dates back long ago in the past.
Our ancestors had left us some proofs of life, almost 2000 years old that still lay down at the ruins at once upon a time 4th city by it size in the whole Roman empire, called Salona.
Meeting place: to be determined
Timing: upon request
Duration of the tour: 2, 5 hours
Price per 2 pax: 59 EUR/pp
Price from 3 to 6 pax: 45 EUR/pp
Price per 7 pax: 29 EUR/pp
Get a private transfer with an expert Guide to Salona (6 km drive) and the entrance tickets to the archaeological site. Visit the early Christian basilicas, Roman Amphitheater & Thermae, Tusculum Museum and much more.
Spend some time walking and discovering Roman sites and artifacts of an early Christian period. Hear the story of a prior & archaeologist don Frano Bulich who dedicated his life to discovering Salona ruins.
• Departure from Split city center by private transfer to Salona Archaeological site (6 km)
• Entrance to the site (tickets included)
• Explore the Early-Christian remnants, visit Tusculum, walk to the Amphitheater and see some extraordinary artifacts of Salona history
• Expert Art Historian & Historian will explain and present the site on a best possible way
• Private transfer back to Split center
** Footnotes: pax = person; pp = per person